Experience of the cutting-edge technologies developing REST-based Spring Boot microservices, deploying in Docker container-based architecture and using Apache NiFi to automate the flow of data between software components.
Hands-on experience in AWS cloud architecture, security and implementation. AWS certified skills to develop highly scalable microservices using serverless architecture.
SDLC digitization experience of application development environment using DevOps and Agile methodologies, CI/CD Pipeline with Maven, Git and Jenkins.
In-depth knowledge on emerging technologies such as RPA bots, AI and machine learning both in algorithms and applications. Certified training in Machine Learning by Stanford University and Deep Learning by deeplearning.ai on Coursera.
Strong innovative problem solving and analytical skills in areas of software engineering, especially in the seamless integration in the portal with Citrix Web Interface/StoreFront and SAP BusinessObjects using Java SDK and .NET SDK.
Over fifteen years of backend development in Java, Python, Perl, C/C++, PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers, data modeling, Unix scripting, system interfaces using ActiveMQ, SOAP and REST API calls.
After being with Verizon for 24 years, I left Verizon on March 2019, as one of 10,400 employees who accepted a voluntary severance package which the company offered to 44,000 eligible employees, following the $700-million IT outsourcing deal with Infosys.
I have been working with TISTA Science and Technology Corporation on CMS Advanced Provider Screening (APS) project which serves as a central record of aggregated internal and external information to screen, monitor and alert individuals and organizations enrolling in the Medicare and Medicaid systems. The APS system runs a web-based UI application and a data processor which uses Spring Boot microservices in Docker container-based Kubernetes orchestration and Apache NiFi as automation tool for the flow of data to support scalable data routing and transformation.
I received my bachelor's degree in Mathematics from Zhejiang University in China and two master's degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of South Florida.
Lead Consultant - Systems Engineering, Verizon Enterprise Solutions - Silver Spring, Maryland, 01/1995 – 03/2019
GSA contracts: WITS 2001 (1999-2010), WITS 3 (2007-2019) and EIS (2017-2019), which offer a variety of telecom services available to all the federal agencies in Washington DC Metro areas. The complex system contains WITS portal in Java/J2EE on Weblogic server and Service@once application in Windows server, using Oracle database with C/Unix programs in Solaris server and Crystal Reports as reports tool, including various interfaces to billing, customer care and provisioning systems.
As lead developer, performed system and technical analysis, requirement gathering, software tool evaluation and upgrade, prototyping, system development, test, document and deployment. The main accomplishments are as follows.
• Designed and developed EIS Notifications program using SOA/ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) web service in Java with Spring Boot and Hibernate in the BOD structures (Business Object Documents) XML format.
• Developed a large number of system interfaces, such as Switch/FOMS mainframe interface using Telcordia WMC/TOPCOM software, Premisys interface using SOAP web services, and other Java/REST or C/Pro*C programs in Solaris for PBEE billing, expressTRAK system, CMDB inventory and E-911 systems. Led the migration from Switch Manager interface and Bill@once interfaces to Servie@once systems.
• Completed GIS Cloud Computing project, analyzed requirements, proposed solutions, designed software architecture, developed and implemented web service using Apache axis in WITS portal, including Java/EJB, Cocobase data layer, Ant build and deploy scripts.
• Lead developer and primary support for the system integration with Citrix Java SDK in WITS portal to launch Service@once running on Windows server through a pair of Citrix Netscaler appliance to secure Citrix ICA traffic over internet. Coordinated design team involving configuration, license, hardware, network, security and implementation.
• Responsible for Service@once Reports Interface, Product, Rating and many other modules using PowerBuilder, C/C++, Oracle, PL/SQL and Unix shell script.
• Technical lead for design and development of expressTRAK PowerBill, a CD-ROM billing system for Bell Atlantic Large Business, utilizing PowerBuilder and PFC libraries, Sybase SQL Anywhere on Windows 95/NT.
• Software architect and developer for Financial Analysis and Proposal Tool (FAP) project to maintain the Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) catalog of Service@once ordering and Bill@once billing for WITS 2001 contract, including PHS, DOJ, Philly Navy, etc.
• Designed and developed Billing Service Settlements (BSS) application for carrier settlement, utilizing PowerBuilder IDE tool, ERWin data modeling tool and Microsoft SQL Server on Windows.
CSMART.COM website is using the following technologies:
Amazon Route 53 as a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service
Deployment from GitHub to Amazon S3 Bucket
AWS Certificate Manager to manage and deploy SSL/TLS certificates
Amazon CloudFront for a fast content delivery network (CDN) service with low latency and high transfer speeds.
Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the web
Google AdSense serves ads that are maintained by Google and targeted to site content and audience.
and much more......
Developing and improving knowledge such as machine learning.
"A computer program is said to learn from experience E with respect to some task T and some performance measure P, if its performance on T, as measured by P, improves with experience E." (Tom Mitchell)
Java EE, Spring MVC, Struts, JSP, Servlet, EJB, JPA, JDBC, Bootstrap, Angular, Web Services (SOAP, REST), Jackson, Axis, Soap UI, Apache CXF, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Weblogic, Tomcat, Nginx, JUnit, Mockito, Lombok, MapStruct, Hazelcast, Spring Cloud Sleuth.
Eclipse, IBM RAD, PowerBuilder, Visual Studio, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, PuTTY, WinSCP, Postman.
Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Stored Procedures and Triggers, Toad, SQL Developer, pgAdmin.
Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, Splunk, Zipkin, New Relic APM, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache NiFi.
TCP/IP, SFTP, Socket, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, RAS, RPC, Citrix ICA, Metaframe/XenApp, F-Secure, SSH/SSL, SiteMinder.
Ant, Maven, Git, Jenkins, TortoiseGit, CVS, SVN, Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest, ServiceNow, SharePoint, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube.
ERwin Data Modeling, Unified Modeling Languages(UML), Rational Rose, Visio, Design Patterns, Agile Methodologies.
Windows API, Microsoft .NET Framework, Crystal Enterprise SDK, Citrix Java SDK. SOA and Apigee. Amazon AWS, ActiveMQ, Netflix Feign.
Please fill out the form below to send me an email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
AddressPO Box 425,
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone 555 555 5555